Thursday, June 16, 2011

Stuck

My college alma mater is celebrating its 100th year today. Though I am quite glad that I chose to attend this university, a part of me still can't get into the hype and festive spirit of it all. I may be joining some activities later to accompany my sister who hasn't visited in years. Otherwise, I'd probably treat this day like any other day.

Probably one reason why the excitement's not getting to me is the fact that I have been attending university for just a little more than six years now (3 years and 3 months as an undergraduate student, with the rest of the years spent in graduate studies). Staying in the same setting for that long has made everything quite mundane for me. Add the fact that the area where the university is located is a place that I have spent most of my life in, having studied in another nearby school for both my elementary and high school years.

I think my unconscious is craving for a change of pace, or at the very least a change of place. I always thought that I wouldn't mind being stuck doing the same things in the same place for a long time. But then I realized that I've never taken the initiative to even try doing something new. I don't know if it's because I'm scared of failing, or if I'm scared of how it can potentially change a part of my personality, or if I'm scared of something else entirely.

I have never been one to just jump into something, but maybe I ought to try that. Just to see how it'll go.

No comments: